Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
WELCOME TO CABARRUS COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN NURSING PROGRAM
Welcome to the Associate of Science Nursing Program
Welcome to the Associate of Science Nursing Program. Students who graduate with the Associate of Science degree in Nursing will be able to:
- Display behaviors of compassion and advocacy during the provision of nursing care, where the client's choices, values, beliefs, and lifestyles are respected.
- Employ teaching strategies that demonstrate respect for the client's condition and incorporate ongoing primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention strategies to achieve optimal health.
- Utilize clinical reasoning to make decisions and prioritize care for clients in the health care setting.
- Integrate use of established evidence-based nursing protocols with clinical expertise and client-family preferences when providing nursing care for clients.
- Utilize information and technology in clinical practice effectively to promote and evaluate safety and quality, prevent errors, and facilitate decision making.
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team, clients, and families to ensure integration of continuous, high-quality, cost-effective client care.
- Integrate professional responsibility and accountability through demonstration of social responsibility, personal ethics, and service to the community.
Cultivate caring nurse professionals through exemplary education and promotion of lifelong learning.