Welcome to the Associate of Science Nursing Program
Welcome to the Associate of Science Nursing Program. Students who graduate with the Associate of Science degree in Nursing will be able to:
- Display behaviors of compassion and advocacy during the provision of nursing care, where the client's choices, values, beliefs, and lifestyles are respected.
- Employ teaching strategies that demonstrate respect for the client's condition and incorporate ongoing primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention strategies to achieve optimal health.
- Utilize clinical reasoning to make decisions and prioritize care for clients in the health care setting.
- Integrate use of established evidence-based nursing protocols with clinical expertise and client-family preferences when providing nursing care for clients.
- Utilize information and technology in clinical practice effectively to promote and evaluate safety and quality, prevent errors, and facilitate decision making.
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team, clients, and families to ensure integration of continuous, high-quality, cost-effective client care.
- Integrate professional responsibility and accountability through demonstration of social responsibility, personal ethics, and service to the community.